So is there an ending where Ancoran and Duraghast end up together if there is im getting no such luck:(
The Ballad Singer
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
The Ballad Singer is an RPG/Graphic Adventure, set in a fantasy world completely controlled by the player's choices.
We've taken elements from game-books and visual novels to develop a videogame with an unprecedented format. TBS offers a fantasy story yet to be written, where the world changes and reacts to the player's actions. This will allow you to live up to 1700 stories and 40 different endings, your decisions will affect the way the tale unfolds. Every single development and subplot in the story is completely narrated and illustrated, even the smallest ones. In TBS, every choice is crucial.
- Four heroes with different narrative developments
- Asymmetric stories intertwining one to the other
- During a single run with a character you will never face two fights alike
- Your choices really matter, you can completely change the fate of the heroes through your decisions
- Three degrees of challenge: deceive death and repeat mortal choices through powerful artefacts
- Replayability: only by replaying TBS you will be able to discover the different decisional paths of each hero
- Domino System: a choice in the first minutes of play could have strong repercussions throughout the course of the adventure
- Fully narrated story, over 400,000 words and 40 hours of narration
- More than 700 HD illustrations
- Over 40 musical tracks
- 400 different detailed deaths
- Dying is part of the story, so there is no "Game Over". When a character you're playing as dies, you will play as a new hero, within the same story, in a different narrative path
How many roads are you willing to take?
|Genre||Interactive Fiction, Visual Novel|
|Tags||2D, Alternate History, chose-your-own-adventure, Difficult, Fantasy, Meaningful Choices, Singleplayer, Story Rich|
|Average session||Days or more|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hello Dusk361, depends very much on the chain of events, the game also takes into account whether you start with Ancoran or with Daragast!
Looks superb! Will a Linux version be available ?
Hello hgames! Thank you!
We are going to add on itch.io the Mac OS version within a month.
Unfortunately we do not have any plans for a Linux version at the moment.
Doh :-( Would you mind giving a try with the wine emulator ? It makes a lot of games run flawlessly on Linux! I can give it a try if you have a demo/alpha build available.
Sure! We are going to release a Demo within a month! Thank you :)
Nice, I'll give it a try on Linux then :-) and I'll make sure to report back :-)
I just completed the demo using Wine. The only issues I found was that trying to use Alt-Tab made me unable to click on anything after and had to kill the process to exit the game and sometimes certain screens only rendered a black screen with a pointer. When this happens just press "enter". Other than that demo ran fine. I enjoyed it.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X | 16GB DDR4-3000 CL15 | MSI RX 580 8GB Gaming X | Mesa 18.3.3 | Manjaro Mate | Kernel 4.20.11-1-MANJARO